Plastic Free Toothpaste
Yes, you read correctly. Make your own plastic free toothpaste with ingredients you probably already have at home. It is easy, cheap and eco- friendly.
- 4 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of bentonite clay (food grade)
- 20 drops of peppermint oil or any other preferred essential oil
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well until you have a firm paste an put it in an air tight jar.
- Wet your toothbrush, press it into the paste and brush your teeth.
Fun Fact: Before fluoride was introduced to toothpaste, people brushed their teeth with baking soda because it is a mild abrasive that both polishes and withes the teeth.