Homemade Plastic Free Toothpaste
Plastic Free Toothpaste
Yes, you read correctly. Make your own plastic free toothpaste with ingredients you probably already have at home. It is easy, cheap and eco- friendly.
- 4 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of bentonite clay (food grade)
- 20 drops of peppermint oil or any other preferred essential oil
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well until you have a firm paste an put it in an air tight jar.
- Wet your toothbrush, press it into the paste and brush your teeth.
Fun Fact: Before fluoride was introduced to toothpaste, people brushed their teeth with baking soda because it is a mild abrasive that both polishes and withes the teeth.