Deodorants tend to be tricky to find for people who want to live as vegan as possible. Not only do they tend to be more expensive, but they also come in a plastic container and are mass made in factories (just like any other deodorants). Luckily the market for eco friendly, vegan, non-gmo, plastic free deodorants are expanding (like this one from Salt of The EARTH which is plastic free, vegan and not tested on animals). The Salt of The EARTH deodorant is inexpensive and is retailed for $4.99, compared to other brands who sell all natural, vegan deodorants where the pricing can be as high as $19.99.
On that note, let us teach you how to make your own home made vegan, all natural, plastic free deodorant at home, using ingredients you already probably have at home. Grab a medium sized bowl, an air tight jar and find the ingredients and start mixing!
- 3 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoon of a natural baking soda
- 6-7 Drops of a preferred essential oil, we love a fresh orange/lemon scent to our deodorant
- 2 Tablespoons of agar powder
- Put all the dry ingredients in the bowl
- Add in the coconut oil (make sure it is liquid) and mix it well
- Then add in the essential oil and mix it well together
- Put the mixture in you jar or in a soap molder or ice cube molders
- For the first 24 hours you can put it in your fridge and then for the next 24 hours you can out it in a dry room
- If you put the mixture in a soap or ice cube molder, we suggest you leave the solid bars in your fridge when you start using the deodorant, and of course leave it in a container of any sort.
- After waiting 48 hours your deodorant should be solid and ready to use!